Welcome!

Be sure to register in order to take full advantage of all of the awesome features this forum has!

Photo
- - - - -

Practitioner Malpractice

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 :slack:

:slack:

Marshall

• Admin
  • 15,855 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

Recent news reported a case of forensic practitioner, a chemist at the Massachusetts State Crime Laboratory, allegedly has falsified drug tests and reported out fraudulent test results. While it is unclear how long this malpractice had been going on, or just how many cases were affected, it has placed all the employed chemists’ work in question, and also, obviously, jeopardized thousands of cases.
The chemist was arrested and will eventually be tried for her actions, though the question remains: how can these situations be avoided? What sort of quality assurance program could be adopted to prevent such acts, be they purposely planned of not?
Is the analyst alone at fault, or is the organization, under which the laboratory operates, to blame as well? What precautionary steps could a laboratory take to prevent such cases from occurring in the future?

Untitled_zpsc5e5c10d.jpg

#2 Stranger

Stranger

The Blogfather

• Staff
  • 8,907 posts
  • LocationHere and There

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

lol hey, left field called, they want their wayward specific-as-fuck scenario back :P
whatever doesnt kill you, makes you..... stranger.

"I'm pretty sure we're the best people to ever have lived." (in regards to she, and myself) -Slackjaw

"everyone has a quote by another member as their signature line." -Stranger

"I have to pee but somebody is in the show" -Aron

#3 :slack:

:slack:

Marshall

• Admin
  • 15,855 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

lol hey, left field called, they want their wayward specific-as-fuck scenario back :P

Eat me.

• bondgirl likes this

Untitled_zpsc5e5c10d.jpg

#4 Stranger

Stranger

The Blogfather

• Staff
  • 8,907 posts
  • LocationHere and There

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

dont tease me, you know how worked up i get
  • bondgirl likes this
whatever doesnt kill you, makes you..... stranger.

"I'm pretty sure we're the best people to ever have lived." (in regards to she, and myself) -Slackjaw

"everyone has a quote by another member as their signature line." -Stranger

"I have to pee but somebody is in the show" -Aron

#5 SnowQueen

SnowQueen

Prodigy of Online Successors! :)

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,653 posts
  • LocationNot Up Anyone's Ass!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

uhh ohh.. gotta grab a good seat, I see round 2 is underway.... :popcorn: lol
  • bondgirl likes this
Nothing to look at folks.. show's over

#6 SnowQueen

SnowQueen

• Banned
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

Recent news reported a case of forensic practitioner, a chemist at the Massachusetts State Crime Laboratory, allegedly has falsified drug tests and reported out fraudulent test results. While it is unclear how long this malpractice had been going on, or just how many cases were affected, it has placed all the employed chemists’ work in question, and also, obviously, jeopardized thousands of cases.
The chemist was arrested and will eventually be tried for her actions, though the question remains: how can these situations be avoided? What sort of quality assurance program could be adopted to prevent such acts, be they purposely planned of not?
Is the analyst alone at fault, or is the organization, under which the laboratory operates, to blame as well? What precautionary steps could a laboratory take to prevent such cases from occurring in the future?

Okay.. now that the popcorn is gone... I will answer with something more serious

Not sure what can be done to ensure this won't happen again, anywhere.. But it shouldnt question other employees work or authority, as I am sure the majority of them have better work ethics than that.

Although I do not want to be critical of my home state, because I believe we have the best docs, hosps and colleges in the US but Where does it end? Not long ago there was the situation where needles have been infected and people lost their lives after receiving steroid shots.. and more recently a doc was fired for dating a woman he originally worked with, then became his patient... Who cares who he dates as long as his work isn't being affected by it?

#7 FIRES

FIRES

The Legend

• Banned
  • 7,810 posts
  • LocationSun, sand and palm trees

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

To start with two labs and that will qualify tests.
The bigger issue is how many court cases were decided by his results? If a court case hinged on a lab result and he signed off on it his result will be tossed.
A car accident victim is often given a tox screen instead of a breath test. His tox screens would be invalid and any proof of drunk driving gone.

It could change workmans comp cases as well as many employers demand tests after accidents. It may seem like a pebble in a pond but the waves will carry.

• bondgirl likes this

“He is the only person Chuck Norris has apologized to. ”. . . . True Liberty "Me thinks your just a touch senile". . . . pulcherrimusnexastrum "I adore you. ". . . . . . . moonflwr003 "WOW". . " I kinda like your mind!!". . . . .Universal Seductress "Magnificent. ". . . . . . Jayyyohhh "Best response . . . ever!". . . . JCWinters "Thank you FIRES, you rock!". . . . Sum6Caribou "*hee hee Fires, that's what ya' get for exposing the obvious*". . . . . Earthling" "you are very talented. ". . . . . Kaz " You paint this passion with a delicate brush". . . . . . . Sherabella "Sometimes a FUCK YOU is the way to admin". . . . Fires "Amen amigo, amen". . . . . Stranger " I'm in love with the tragic, cosmic irony you have incorporated here. Well done". . . . . . Fatal Dawn "You've out done yourself Fires!". . . . . . Veruka "You are a sweetheart. ". . . . . Giabug " I fully believe that you are completely genuine in your love for B4U, ". . . . . . Aron "This is awesome, Fires! ". . . . . . SlackJaw "Super duper duper we get Strangetoons!". . . . . . Palavers Travels "What a nice way to say i'm a chicken shit bastard that had other motives. . . . . . . . . I actually like it!.....Skip ". Fires your magnanimous but profound excellence is deeply appreciated". . . . Preponomics "I've thought of many ways to entertain, but you're the first I have seen do this, love it!". . . 2nd amendment "You are a good friend and an awesome individual!". . . . . . Norseman ".you are a crazy person!!!!!! "(I approve of crazy people)...DJillian " Such lovely words spun by a master. Bravo!"...... writeawaythenothing "What a read!! Thank you, thank you.".....Emmastarr "Welcome back. No bullshit, this place wouldn't be the same w/o ya.".....ZOD "Hey old friend."......Unc-Charlie "Fires is the best, isn't he????? Very creative and a great guy!".....Mamakat "OMG this was AWESOME!!! ".....booboosoo "very good, always you give me a smile or two fires, thanks"....nanabgammon

#8 SnowQueen

SnowQueen

• Banned
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

This won't hurt a bit!

Attached File  dentist.jpg   3.26KB   0 downloads